1. A cockroach can live for several weeks without its head.
2. The longest word in the English language has 189,819 letters.
3. The world’s smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat, which weighs less than a penny.
4. A group of flamingos is named a flamboyant.
5. The shortest war in the past was between Britain and Zanzibar in 1896, lasting only 38 minutes.
6. The world’s giant snowflake was 15 inches wide and 8 inches thick on record.
7. A human’s nose can detect over 1 trillion different scents.
8. The average person will wait six months for red lights to turn green.
9. There is a species of jellyfish that can live forever.
10. Bananas are berries, while strawberries are not.
11. Cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated.
12. The shortest person in recorded history was only 21.5 inches tall.
13. A group of hedgehogs is called a prickle.
14. There are more possible iterations of a chess game than atoms in the observable universe.
15. Octopuses have three hearts.
16. A sneeze can travel up to 100 miles per hour.
17. General Sherman is The largest tree by volume, a giant sequoia in California.
18. Armadillo shells are bulletproof.
19. A cockroach can live for a week without its head.
20. The tallest living animal is the giraffe, which can gain up to 18 feet tall.
21. A group of owls is called a parliament.
22. The only letter not appearing in any U.S. state name is “Q.”
23. Humans and giraffes have the same number of neck vertebrae: seven.
24. The longest time between two twins being born is 87 days.
25. A blue whale’s heart is the size of a small car.
26. A now-extinct elephant bird laid the world’s giant egg equivalent to 150 chicken eggs.
27. Mosquitoes are attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas.
28. Sloths can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
29. The world’s largest cave is the Hang Son Doong cave in Vietnam, which is big enough to fit a 40-story skyscraper.
30. A group of kangaroos is called a mob.
31. The smallest bone in the human body is the stapes bone in the ear, which is just 2.8 millimeters long.
32. There are more possible iterations of a game of Go than atoms in the observable universe.
33. A group of jellyfish is called a smack.
34. The average person will wait six months for red lights to turn green.
35. A hippopotamus can run faster than a human.
36. The world’s deepest postbox is located in Susami Bay, Japan, and is 10 meters underwater.
37. A group of porcupines is called a prickle.
38. There are more possible iterations of a game of shogi than atoms in the observable universe.
39. The world’s largest hailstone on record was 8 inches long and weighed over 1 pound.
40. A shrimp’s heart is located in its head.
41. The longest word in English that can be typed with just the left hand is “stewardesses.”
42. A group of otters is called a romp.
43. The largest living organism on Earth is a mushroom that covers over 2,200 acres in Oregon.
44. A group of rhinoceroses is called a crash.
45. The only continent without reptiles or snakes is Antarctica.
46. The world’s most enormous spider is the Goliath birdeater, which can have a leg length of up to a foot.
47. A group of lemurs is called a conspiracy.
48. The longest English word without a vowel is “rhythms.”
49. The only letter not appearing in any state abbreviation is “Q.”
50. The largest mammal is the blue whale, weighing up to 200 tons.
51. A group of ferrets is called a business.
52. The oldest known living tree is a bristlecone pine in California, over 5,000 years old.
53. The shortest war in history was between Honduras and El Salvador in 1969, lasting only 100 hours.
54. A group of crows is called a murderer.
55. The world’s largest rodent is the capybara, which can weigh up to 140 pounds.
56. A group of hyenas is called a cackle.
57. The longest English word is 189,819 letters long and would take over 3 hours.
58. A group of crocodiles is called a bask.
59. The largest fish is the whale shark, which can gain up to 40 feet long.
60. A group of penguins is called a colony.
61. The shortest complete sentence in English is “I am.”
62. A group of ravens is called an unkindness.
63. The world’s giant bird is the ostrich, which can gain up to 9 feet tall.
64. A group of rats is called a mischief.
65. The fastest land animal is the cheetah, which can rush up to 70 miles per hour.
66. A group of skunks is called a surfeit.
67. The world’s largest amphibian is the Chinese giant salamander, which can gain up to 6 feet long.
68. A group of seals is called a harem.
69. The tallest mountain in the solar system is Olympus Mons on Mars, which is over 13 miles high.
70. A group of ants is called a colony.
71. The largest invertebrate is the colossal squid, weighing up to 1,500 pounds.
72. A group of whales is called a pod.
73. .The largest living carnivore is the polar bear, weighing up to 1,500 pounds.
74. A group of bees is called a swarm.
75. The world’s largest reptile is the saltwater crocodile, which can gain up to 23 feet long.
76. A group of eagles is called a conference.
77. The longest distance swam underwater in one breath is 202.5 meters, set by a German freediver in 2012.
78. The largest land animal is the elephant, which can density up to 14,000 pounds.
79. A group of wolves is called a pack.